Article 33 of Council Regulation EC 2371/2002 - all languages:
- A Scientific, Technical and Economic Committee for Fisheries (STECF) shall be established. The STECF shall be consulted at regular intervals on matters pertaining to the conservation and management of living aquatic resources, including biological, economic, environmental, social and technical considerations.
- The Commission shall take into account the advice from the STECF when presenting proposals on fisheries management under this Regulation.
Article 2 of Commission Decision of 26 August 2005 establishing a Scientific, Technical and Economic Committee for Fisheries 2005/629/EC - all languages: (replaces 93/619/EC) with CORRIGENDUM.
See also: COMMISSION DECISION of 4 February 2010 amending Decision 2005/629/EC establishing a Scientific, Technical and Economic Committee for Fisheries (2010/74/EU) (amending Articles 7-10) - all languages:
- The Commission shall at regular intervals, or whenever it is deemed necessary, request advice in the form of opinions from the STECF on issues referred to in Article 33(1) of Regulation (EC) No 2371/2002. The Commission may require the adoption of such an opinion within a defined period.
- The STECF may on its own initiative provide opinions to the Commission on issues referred to in Article 33(1) of Regulation (EC) No 2371/2002.
- The STECF shall draw up an annual report on:
- the situation as regards fishery resources relevant to the European Community;
- the economic implications of the situation of those fishery resources;
- the developments in fishing activities, with reference to biological, ecological, technical and economic factors.
- other economic factors affecting fisheries