In agreement with the Commission services, the STECF group may set up sub-groups to examine specific questions on the basis of the terms of reference defined by the Commission. The sub-groups shall consist of at least two group (=STECF) members and external experts. Sub-groups shall report to the group within a given time frame in accordance with those terms of reference. Such sub-groups shall be disbanded as soon as their mandate is fulfilled.
(article 6 point 4 of Commission Decision (2016/C 74/05)).
Note that up to end 2010 the following acronyms were used:
|SG-BRE||=||Sub-group on balance between resources and the exploitation|
|SG-ECA||=||Sub-group on Economic Affairs|
|SG-FEN||=||Sub group on Environmental Impact|
|SG-MED||=||Sub-group on the Mediterranean sea and on the Black sea|
|SG-MOS||=||Sub-group on management objectives and strategies|
|SG-RN||=||Sub-group on research needs|
|SG-RST||=||Sub-group on stock reviews|
Since 2011 specific working groups of the STECF are labeled as Expert Working Groups (EWG) with a clear and concise title and the above listed sub-group acronyms are not used anymore.
The Commission services may invite experts from outside the group (=STECF) with specific competence in a subject on the agenda to take part in the work of the group (=STECF) or the sub-group on an ad hoc basis (external experts).
(article 6 point 3 of Commission Decision (2016/C 74/05))
- Meetings of the STECF and its Expert Working Groups shall be agreed by and convened by the Commission.
- Commission representatives with an interest in the proceedings may attend meetings of the STECF and its Expert Working Groups.
- The Commission services may invite experts from outside the group with specific competence in a subject on the agenda to take part in the work of the group or the sub-group on an ad hoc basis (external experts).
(article 6 of 2016/C 74/05)
A call for applications for the selection of members of the Scientific, Technical and Economic Committee for Fisheries (renewal of STECF) has been published on 4 September with deadline for applications by 31 October 2018.
The call and more information are to be found on on DG MARE’s website:
For more information on the STECF check out the subsections of the STECF website and/or read a recent article on “fisheries data/STECF/JRC/CFP”.
- The Commission shall provide the secretariat for the STECF and its working groups.
- The secretariat shall be responsible for providing technical and administrative support and coordination to facilitate the efficient functioning of the STECF and to organize meetings for its working groups.
- Where necessary, the secretariat shall coordinate activities of STECF and its working groups with those of other Community and international bodies.
(article 6(6) of 2016/C 74/05)
- Since 2005 the JRC assumes the secretariat of the STECF.